September 23rd-24th, 2021 | The Healthcare Innovation Summit Series promotes improvements in the quality, safety, and efficiency of healthcare.
By sharing best practices from organizations who are leading change in technology, innovation, and culture shifts in their institutions, the series is a wonderful opportunity for education and networking. For more than eleven years the Healthcare Innovation Summit Series has helped healthcare professionals connect with peers to share stories about the people, process and technology changes that are being successfully championed to improve the delivery of care.
The Healthcare Innovation Cybersecurity Forum Series takes place within the Summit Series in a number of select cities in 2021. Each Cybersecurity Forum will explore a selection of topics through panels, presentations, and fireside chats.
With more than 25 years’ experience of both cybersecurity leadership and client consulting in healthcare, Cylera's Chief Security Strategist, Richard Staynings, will be presenting at the event:
Attendees will benefit from a broad-based discussion of some of the most important trends in cybersecurity in U.S. healthcare right now. Among the key issues to be discussed:
- An examination of the current landscape around intensifying threat vectors for patient care organizations nationwide
- The need to develop an overarching strategy to address all relevant elements in the current operating landscape, rather than responding reactively
- A strong look at the armory of key tools available to combat malware/ransomware attacks, including network micro-segmentation, auditing of system backups, behavioral monitoring, and the engagement of external consultants, including security operations centers (SOCs)
- The concept of a zero-trust strategy, and what it means in practice
- Investing in systems, tools, and applications: opportunities and pitfalls
- Federal policy around cybersecurity and its impact on operations
- Gaining c-suite support for investment in cybersecurity
- Core staffing issues
- Peering into the future in this critical area
Date: Thursday, September 23rd
Time: 10:45am - 11:45am CDT
Location: Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, Nashville, TN